Search This Blog

Learning The Joy Of Cooking With Another Person

I have always had people in my life who only liked one dish or another, or I either had people who were just to stuck on themselves and there own cooking that they would never give any of my dishes a chance to try even a bite!

Well tonight was really nice, I have someone who I have been getting to know, a new girlfriend, lol, not the sexual kind guys!

Anyways I asked if she could make a trip to Sprouts, its a local grocery store in America, here is there website, so if you haven't heard of them!

https://www.sprouts.com/

I would say from all the Sprouts I have bought things from them, they always have the freshest fruit and veggies with some of the best deals on those each with and with some of the most unusual or unique type of fruits and veggies and I love that.

Looking through the produce and fruit section of the ad, I was finding veggies and fruits that I want to go to the store eventually and buy and try myself. I was looking for a yellow watermelon, my friend only found a mini require watermelon!

Anyways its pretty awesome, as I get to teach someone how to cook and learn how to buy the correct veggies and what is good and what is not. LOL

But its nice to have someone cut veggies and fruits and to have someone nice and friendly to cook with. I never realized how much I would enjoy it, I always knew I liked making sure a person was well fed and taken care of.

I have always toned the name "Mom" from people who are closest to me or come to me as they are drawn to me. Tonight cooking with this new developing friendship, it was if I saw myself as a mom, teaching this young women, who came into my life during some of the darkest hours of my life and helped my child in a way I could not.

I saw then that why cooking supper with her I felt a weird experience as if I finally understood why my friends and those closest to me for years have called me now.

Don't call me Mom, if we ever cook together, or you take a cooking lesson from me, I am not a restaurant cook, just a home cook who is open minded to new spices and foods and use google to find new things to try and discover if they are on sale!

Enjoy the photographs from tonight's meal, I really wish I could cook like this more often and for new friends and lasting friendships. You know to all of those who wonder how someone my size cooks meals like this, currently I sit in a dining room chair, that is about to fall apart because of my high weight, lol.....

But normally I sit in my walker and just roll around and cook by myself, but it was so refreshing to have someone else in the kitchen, talking, laughing, developing a new friendship, learning to trust each other and I now crave it so much, but I must be patient, put it out in the unversie that I love cooking, and I love cooking with other people.

New goal, cook more with this bright young lady, but also try and find others other time that can be trusted and that are respected in there community and that they have passion for something in life and that it shows and that they talk about it but also they can take there passion and see it through there eyes.

Anyways here is the delicious meal I was able to cook, only thing I would say that would need anything would be the fried potatoes were lacking!

Fried potatoes, then spaghetti with eggplant, squash, red pepper, fresh cilantro, water chestnuts and lots and lots of butter and minced garlic!

I'm excited about the next few weeks and getting stronger but also becoming friends along that way. I got a great feeling about her even though it's her last year where I live!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive